Friday, August 14, 2009

August 9, 2009

Another customer called and complained ad nauseum about having his line of credit lowered and claimed he didn’t know why it happened, citing such a great history with us. I asked if he got a letter about it to explain and just as he started to answer, he would suddenly just repeat that it was lowered and how upset he was. I continued probing a little more about getting a letter explaining it (which I'm sure he's gotten), but he'd only keep repeating himself about being really upset. So the cycle went on, he stating he was upset about the credit line and he didn't know why it was dropped, me asking just about any question to move us on to the next point, and he again just telling me he's upset and doesn't know why.

After a few rounds of this nonsense, I just cut to the chase and offered to transfer him to the department that lowered it, since I was obviously not going to wait for him to suddenly include me in the conversation. However, each time I asked even that he would just start to answer again, then suddenly lament on and on over how great his history was and how he didn’t understand why it was done. I finally pretty much just told him to hold while I transferred him but he soon hung up while waiting. What a waste of time, what a waste of breath, what a waste of a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment